Monday, May 23, 2011

The Journey Begins...

God has been teaching me to step out of my little box and grow deeper in my walk with him.  As I journey through life, I pray each new challange and obsticle, brings me one step closer to understanding Him, and trusting Him even more.  The verse that has been really stretching my thinking is the basis of this blog's theme and now the heart of who I am.

Ephesians 3:20-21 "(Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

I have always had my limits on what God can do.  I still have my limits on what I expect him to do.  I put him in a box.  He fit nicely in my box.  I have had my doctrines, my views, and my understanding of him set before me even as a child.  I grew up knowing Christ as my Savior, and still had my box.

 God has been blowing my box up, bursting the seems wide open and going beyond my beyond.  Each new day, he has been opening my eyes and streching my comfort zones, and bringing me a little closer to understanding how BIG my God really is.  He is stretching me in ways that are uncomfortable.  Making me trust Him, when I don't understand, and blowing my mind in what He is doing with each situation.  He is calling me to pray, seek, and really get to know him.

Join me on this journey as I face the challanges and new mercies of each day as a wife of a pastor, a mother of three beautiful children, and in my own ministries.  I hope you are challenged, and encouraged by my posts, as I am real with you about where God is bringing me.... Going beyond my beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment